|Agenda||KeeperNotes newsletters||Job vacancies|
|Sat 02 Feb|
Wed 06 Feb
|11th Biennial International Rhino Keeper Workshop (English) (Disney´s Animal Kingdom)|
|Sat 02 Mar|
Sun 03 Mar
|ABWAK Symposium 2019 (English) (Flamingo Land Resort)|
|Wed 06 Mar|
Thu 07 Mar
|Harpij Lezingendag koudbloedigen 2019 (Dutch) (Diergaarde Blijdorp)|
|Fri 15 Mar|
Sun 17 Mar
|BdZ Reptilienpflegertreffen (German) (Tropenaquarium Hagenbeck)|
|Thu 28 Mar||ABWAK Prosimian Keepers´ Workshop (English) (Banham Zoo)|
|Fri 05 Apr|
Sun 07 Apr
|BdZ Huftierpflegertreffen (German) (Zoologischer Garten Frankfurt)|
|Sun 21 Apr||ABWAK Otter Keepers´ Workshop (English) (New Forest Wildlife Park)|
|Wed 06 Nov||Harpij Congres 2019 (Dutch) (Safaripark Beekse Bergen)|
Websites with job vacancies in zoosAustralasia: ASZK
Great Brittain: ABWAK
United States & Canada: AZA
Job vacancies reported to us
Resident Veterinary Surgeon
|Exciting new opportunity for a Resident Veterinary Surgeon|
Join a dedicated team in the rehabilitation and ongoing care of over 170 rescued Asiatic black and Malayan sun bears at Animals Asia´s Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre.
We are seeking a veterinary surgeon to join the Bear and Vet Team, located at the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre (VBRC), Tam Dao National Park, approximately 90 minutes from the capital Hanoi. VBRC is the only sanctuary in Vietnam accredited by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries (GFAS).
The resident veterinary position involves shared responsibility for providing extensive veterinary care to the bears while working closely with our veterinary nurses and bear management team. The position also involves outreach activities with local communities, capacity building with local wildlife rescue centers and zoos, and working alongside and providing on-the-job training for a Vietnamese veterinary intern. The vet and nurse team also provide care for the companion animals of staff and local communities, including vaccines, desexing, and general veterinary care, comprising approximately 30% of the week.
The resident veterinary surgeon will report to the senior veterinary surgeon.
Please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and a full job description for this position.
For more information about Animals Asia please visit our website www.animalsasia.org.
- At least 3 years work experience in a small or mixed veterinary practice, zoological facility, specialist referral centre, or similar working environment.
- Must satisfy Hong Kong Veterinary Surgeons Board registration requirements. Please refer to the requirements in Schedule 1 here: http://www.vsbhk.org.hk/english/guide/files/GAregistration_e.pdf.
- Excellent clinical and organizational skills, attention to detail, an aptitude for problem-solving medicine and self-directed learning, and plenty of initiative and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to live and work closely with the rest of the team comprising both western and local staff.
- Cultural sensitivity and a history of working abroad, plus a background in captive wildlife management or charitable veterinary work are beneficial.
- Suitable candidates must be able to commit for a minimum of 2 years.
Appointment is paid, full-time, five (5) days a week with some weekend work applicable.
The following items are included in your full-time contract
- On-site accommodation
- Relocation assistance
- Emergency medical insurance
- Paid holidays
How to apply
Applications should be emailed, with your name included in the email header, and include a cover letter (stating the applied position), CV with your current and expected salary, and completed Job Application form (https://www.animalsasia.org/uk/assets/pdf/Job_Application_Form_AAF_ChinaandVietnam-1.pdf) to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Closing date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis with the vacancy closing once filled.
|Hours / week||40|
|Organisation||Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre|
|Send an email|